3 steps to enrol in the University:
- The pedagogical registration at ED STIC, via the application ADUM for student from Université Cote d’Azur (UCA) or via the application specific to PSL
- The administrative registration at the university records office ("scolarité" of UCA or PSL)
- The opening of your electronic identity and the participation in the welcome day of ED STIC
1. Pedagogical registration at ED STIC
To enrol in PSL (CMA laboratory):
- Get in touch with Valérie Roy to apply for registration
- Thesis charter of PSL to be signed by the student and his(her) PhD supervisor
To enrol in Université Côte d’Azur (Inria, I3S, LEAT, EpOC and I-City laboratories):
- Create your account on ADUM
- Documents must be downloaded, filled in and uploaded on ADUM see USER GUIDE
1.1. Students with a Master from a French University and students with a foreign diploma :
- Certificate of success in Master or diploma
- For foreign diplomas
- diploma with an approved translation (translation is not compulsory for the English, Italian and Spanish languages)
- description of the courses leading to the obtaining of the equivalent diploma allowing enrollment in a thesis
- For foreign diplomas
- M1 and M2 transcript.
- A currently valid identity card or passport.
- Justification for obtaining funding.
- For CIFRE funding, the ANRT certificate.
- For funding from a foreign government, detailed certificate with the amount awarded over the 3 years of the thesis.
- Convention de codirection / Co-direction agreement (if applicable)
- Convention de cotutelle / Co-supervision agreement (if applicable)
In addition, foreign students living in one of the countries listed in Campus France must register at the corresponding Campus France area. Registration at Campus France is necessary to obtain a student visa and to enrol in the University.
1.2. Co-directions and "cotutelles"
- In case of co-direction, ask your supervisor to also complete the co-direction request form.
- A cotutelle is a joint thesis between a French university and a foreign university. The student research time is shared between the two universities (usually at least one year in each university) with a thesis co-supervisor in each university. The defense takes place in one of the universities only, but the student receives a doctorate from each of the universities. A cotutelle agreement such as this one [FR, Convention Cotutelle UCA] and [EN, Cotutelle FR-EN] (see with the secretariat for writing its final version) establishes the rules from the beginning of the thesis to the jury and the defense. Registration fees are paid in a one of the universities only.
- Finally some universities, which do not deliver (yet) PhDs, ask for an international co-supervising agreement with a co-director in each university.
Applications are submitted for approval to the doctoral school and then to the university.
The secretary of ED STIC will send an e-mail, within about fifteen days, to enter the second step.
2. Administrative registration at the university records office
To enrol Université Côte d'Azur, once the Doctoral School has given a favorable opinion, you will receive an e-mail of explanation to complete your registration via ADUM.
Students are enroled at the University only when the administrative registration is validated by the delivery of their student card.
Don't forget to re-register every year!
3. Get and stay in touch with us, as a PhD Student
3.1 Digital identityStudents registered with PSL will simply have to create their ADUM account and follow the instructions.
Students enrolled at UCA must, upon receipt of the student card, activate a student university mail address by using "sésame" at UNS. It is the only way to obtain information from de ED STIC (registrations, formations, fundings and so on). Note that even those who already have a university mail address (of the form .......@unice.fr) must activate their student university mail address.
3.2. Welcome dayIn November, ED STIC organizes a welcome meeting during which all relevant information is provided. Even if your registration is not complete by this date, be present.
For students arriving later in the academic year, it is strongly advised to join the welcome meeting held at the beginning of their second year.